Ever since we’ve introduced the 236R engine kit we have been asked for a completely built version.
The RTX is a Race-Track oriented package is the second stage of 236R engines. The gas-powered engine improves on the RT package with more torque and power thanks to substanial upgrades to the cylinder head and supporting modifications.
Here at EC we have one of the largest and most diverse performance catalogs in the small engine market. With so many options to choose from, we used the most popular top-tier components in a combination that would be the most benefical to the racer.
- 32/25mm Big Valve CNC Ported Head vs Stock Non-Ported Head – This head can support up to .400 lift and comes with dual valve springs installed with Titanium Retainers
- 1.2 EC Rev Rockers – Set up with chromoly push rods and our Tennesse Thunderstix Camshafts for .372 gross lift
- 28mm Flat Slide Carburetor – We dyno tuned our 28mm flat slide specficially for the 236RTX package, this isn’t a pulled off the shelf carburetor but dialed in for this combination.
- EC Billet Side Cover – The only billet side cover with a cam bearing and Pressure Control Valve.
These upgrades are some of the best readily avaliable “off-the-shelf” racing components from EC Carburetors. These same components are frequently used by our customers in varying combinations, but for the 236RTX we chose a proven combination that has consistently won races around the country. For the full list of specs can be found below.
The 236RT isn’t just another performance engine but a truly race ready setup including a quick connect linkage for easy installation and removal. The carburetor is already setup with a throttle cable and 1-half of your 2-piece clevis.
For this package we removed the compression release to prevent any possible failures caused by the compression release. You will need to start the engine with an external electric starter.
EC 236RTX Race-Track Engine Specs:
Total cc: 236.15(14.41ci)
Compression Ratio: 11.32:1(Most 212 Engines measure 8:1-8.25:1 vs. 8.5 Advertised)
EC 236RT Includes:
- Tllotson 72mm Reinforced Block
- Tillotson 72mm Piston
- EC’s Billet Side Cover
- 3.415 Forged Connecting Rod
- 58mm Stroke Crankshaft
- 32/25mm CNC Ported Tillotson Non-Hemi Head with stainless steel valves
- Dual Valve Springs with Titanium Retainers(Installed at 46lbs)
- 1.2 Billet Rev Rockers
- Billet Valve Cover
- 28mm Flat Slide Carburetor with Velocity Stack and Air Filter
- Billet Intake Manifold with support bracket
- 2-Piece Throttle Cable Clevis
- TTS Camshaft (No Compression Release)
- SK200 Billet Flywheel 34° Timing
- Tillotson High Energy Coil (Non-Rev Limiting)
- Top Plate with Fuel Pump and Linkage Bracket
- Carburetor Throttle Cable with 2-Piece Clevis
- EC Dual Pattern Starter Nut
- Maxima Racing Oil 10w-30 Pro Plus - 1 Liter
Not included, Sold Separately:
- Exhaust Header
Warning! This engine is made only with the intention of sanctioned racing only. No Warranties are expressed or implied.
Recommended Oil: Maxima Racing Oil's 10w-30 Pro Plus or 5w-40 Extra. Always keep at least 12-16 ounces of oil in the engine. Engines are shipped without oil.
Recommended Fuel: 91-93 Octane Non-Ethanol
Recommended RPM Limit:9000rpms (Race Karts recommended clutch engagement 5200-5700rpm and gearing for max 8800rpms) Peak Torque 6000rpms - Peak Power 7500rpms
Horsepower: Due to the setup calibration, correction factors, and test procedures, horsepower numbers vary and are difficult to compare from dyno to dyno. However, you can make a general comparison based on the power increase percentage based on your engine builder's dyno. The EC 236RT produces over 3x more power than a blueprinted stock 212, over 2x more than a Ghost 212, and over 50% more power than Tillotson 225R.