68.25mm Oversize Piston Rings for the Box Stock 196 Clone Engines
These rings fit most 196 clones(Tillotson 196R, Ducar 196, BSP 196) either file fit or using 68.25mm piston. If you are using an original Honda GX200 or GX160, you must use the clone piston as the Clone rings may not fit the Honda piston.
AKRA 2020 Rules for Rings
Top ring and middle ring .115" max-width, .060" max thickness.) Filing of ring end gaps permitted including oil expander, max end gap .040". (top rings only.) The lapping of rings permitted for proper seal. Piston Ring must be on the piece (unbroken) when presented for tech. Piston Rings must be self-supporting in the cylinder bore when checked installed on the piston with a connecting rod attached (rod cap and bolts installed are not required for this check).
NKA 2020 Rules for Rings:
40.4.13: Piston Rings
188.8.131.52: All three rings must be intact and functional.
184.108.40.206: Top ring must be the chrome face ring
220.127.116.11: No alterations of rings are permitted.
18.104.22.168: Ring Sizes
.058" +/-.005" height & .115"maximum width.
- Middle Ring
.058" +/-.005" height & .115" maximum width.
- Oil Expander Ring (reference)
.095" +/-.005" height & .092" +/-.005" width
40.4.14: Ring Tension Requirement
- Top two rings must support themselves in the cylinder when removed from
the piston. They cannot fall through the cylinder.
- Bottom ring is a non-tech item regarding tension. The bottom expander ring & two
rail rings, when mounted on piston and rod in place, should support the piston in
the cylinder when inserted upside-down.
40.4.15: Ring Tension Inspection Procedure
- Top 2 rings must support themselves without assistance in the cylinder.
- Each of the top two rings should be placed, individually, approx. one inch
down in the cylinder.
- Square ring with piston turned upside down.
- If the ring supports itself, it is legal.