The Universal Chain Breaker can remove the rivet pins of many different pitch chains.
If you have multiple machines with a range of different pitch roller chains, this is a great tool to have in your toolbox or keep one as a backup to your dedicated pitch chain breakers.
Suitable for the following Roller Chains: 25, 35, 41, 40, 50, 60, 05B, 06B, 08B, 10B, 410, 43, 65, 415, 42, 415H, 420, 423, 428, 28H, 520, 530, 25H, 40H, 50H, 60H, C2040, C2042, C2050, C2052, C2060, C2062, A2040, A2050, A2060.
1. Place jaws of the tool over the roller with push-out pin centered on chain pin.
2. Tighten down by turning the top handle clockwise until the chain pin loosens.
3. Do the same on the second pin freeing the link plate from the pins.
4. And then, the node of the chain pin will be disassembled.
5. Length: Ensure you have ordered enough chains; any extra links can always be removed.
Tips: Do not run the chain too tight; it will grind the sprocket teeth down in a short period of time.
How to replace a roller chain :
1.Find the chain on your old chain.
2.Turn the handle to bring the pin-up from breakers' jaws.
3.Turn the chain breaker to push the rivet out of the chain.
4.Apply pressure slowly to each rivet; suddenly, applying excessive pressure to the rivet will cause the connecting rod to bend and damage the chain.