The EC Stage 3 Kit is designed around comparable components of the Tillotson 225R to offer similar performance for your GX200 or 196cc Clone Engine.
The Clone 196 has been one of the most common race engines for stock class kart racing and has been found on virtually every factory mini bike for the last decade. The Original Honda has been around for over 30 years, making these engines easy to find and build.
Adding all the right parts to improve the reliability of your 196 to get more RPMs and more power can be a cost-saving alternative to buying another 212 or larger clone engine.
Compared to Stage 2 Kits: The most significant change from Stage 2 to Stage 3 is the carburetor and camshaft. These two components will help move peak power up to approximately 1000rpms higher than your stage 2 kit. Peak torque should also move up 400-800rpms to around 3800-4000rpms.
What comes in EC's Stage 3 Performance Kit
- Wildcat WC22 Round Slide Carburetor Kit: The WC22 is a 26mm round slide carburetor based on the PZ26 and similar Chinese Knock-offs of the "VM22" carburetors. The new carburetor is its original casting with its new fuel calibration tuned for Honda GX200/Clone-based engines. The carburetor flows approximately 90cfm, which means it can support more cylinder head flow as you modify your engine. We highly recommend porting your cylinder head for optimal performance.
TTS-265 Banzai Camshaft w/26lbs Springs: Our 265 Banzai has led many aftermarket shops to produce their own .265 lift camshafts. The reason for their popularity is how well they work to create a broad powerband that can be used for off-road, street cruisers, short-track, and sprint-style kart racing. For that reason, the Tillotson 225RS uses a similar camshaft.
- Rev Wheel Flywheel: The Billet flywheel has a low-fin, low-drag design to reduce drag. The strong neo-magnet produces greater spark energy, and with 34° ignition timing built in, it improves the engine's peak torque.
- Pinnacle Forged Rod: The EC Pinnacle Billet Rod is necessary for any engine turning more than 5500 rpms. The rod increases the durability and the rotating assembly to handle higher RPMs.
5. 68mm Fire Ring Head Gasket - We include a fire-ring head gasket. While a thin metal head gasket can increase your compression ratio for a little more performance, the fire ring gasket is more reliable with a better seal on the cylinder. Aluminum blocks and heads will expand with heat and contract as they cool, which can lead to cylinder head sealing issues. The composite fire ring gasket allows for this to maintain its seal.
6. Stock Side Cover Gasket - While replacing your cam, you may tear the side cover gasket when removing the side cover. We provide a replacement in the kit.
Headers are no longer part of this kit. Due to the growing development of exhaust headers, we designed our kits to allow our customers to find the best fit for their applications. This kit is designed for headers with .870 or larger inside diameters. Optimal performance is usually found between .930 - .960 ID without any muffler. If you are required to use a muffler, we recommend using only the 4106 RLV Muffler. DO NOT RUN SCREW-ON MUFFLERS DESIGNED FOR LAWNMOWER ENGINES OR "WEENIE" PIPE HEADERS AND MUFFLERS.
If you need help finding the right header for your applications, check out our listings under your engine's exhaust section, give us a call, or send us an email.
Recommended Break-In Oil: Maxima 5w-16
Recommended Running OIl: Maxima RS 0w-20
Recommended Spark Plug to improve starting, power, and response:
- E3 E3.18
- NGK BPR6ES/BPR7ES
- NGK BPR6EIX/BPR7EIX
Spark Plug Gap Should be between .026-.032."
Autolite 3910X is very popular, but the heat range may cause premature fouling, resulting in difficult starting, misfiring, and tuning problems. We do not recommend using these plugs for any gas engine.